This kit contains a Bebop drone together with its Skycontroller (radio-control combined with a video receiver). The Skycontroller allows to pilot the Bebop in a more efficient way thanks to its 2 precise joysticks. The "Fisheye" 180° camera orientation is managed with a specific joystick allowing to adjust the vision's angle.
The Skycontroller has a double Wi-Fi connexion. Optimized for a perfect link and minimizing the latency, the Skycontroller is more reliable and suitable for long-range flights. Its trustful Wi-Fi connexion, designed exclusively for the Bebop strenghtens tablets and smartphones interoperability.
Thus, the Bebop drone range can reach up to 2 km !
The user receives useful realtime data in flight for a better piloting experience.
Thanks to its embedded GPS, the Bebop Drone flies back to the pilot's position automatically or by pressing a specific button. The GPS system allows to spot the Bebop thanks to the "Where is my Bebop located" function which identifies at what altitude and how far from the pilot is located the drone.
The Skycontroller's aim is to provide a full FPV experience to pilots. Thus, it can charge your FPV goggles through USB. Up to now, FreeFlight 3 application and the Skycontroller are compatible with FPV goggles equipped with an HDMI input, such as Zeiss Cinemizer and Sony Personal Viewer. This list is aimed to evolve following the tests performed by the Parrot engineers.
Equipped with a 14 Megapixels camera with a "Fisheye" lens, the Parrot Bebop drone shoots Full HD 1080p videos with its 180° swiveling camera, 3-axes stabilized.
Unlike other embedded cameras (like GoPro and similar) who almost always distort the horizon of the pictures and the video, the Bebop's camera does not generates any distortion effect to the images.
• 14 Megapixels camera with "Fisheye" lens (without distortion)
• Stabilized Full HD 1080P videos et instant sharing
• Advanced 3-axes stabilization system
• Live video streaming on your smartphone or tablet
• 180° vision control on your smartphone or tablet
• Designed for safety: propellers stop in case of collision
• Embedded GPS for "Return Home" function and high altitude flight control
• Dual-core processor with Quadcore GPU
• Connected to Parrot Cloud to have an overview of your flights and to share your pictures, videos and navigation datas
• Easy-to-handle thanks to the free dedicated application: Freeflight 3
• Weight: 400 g without hull - 420 g with hull
• Flight time: up to 11 min
• Range: up to 2 kilometers
• Mode 1, 2, 3 or 4 configurable (from firmware version: 1.4.10)
• FPV compatibility: Sony Personal Viewer
• Color: red (yellow and blue available within X days delay)
• Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
• Wi-Fi antennas: dual-band MIMO with 2 sets of double bipolar antennas tuned to 2.4 GHz et 5 GHz frequencies
• Transmission power: up to 21 dBm
• 4 brushless Outrunner motors
• Fiberglass reinforced (15%) ABS frame
• High resistance PPE external hull: protects propellers in case of collision, can be removed to reduce wind disturbances
• Camera with 180° 1/2,3" "Fisheye" lens: 6 optical elements and 14 Megapixels
• Video stabilization: 3-axes digital
• Video resolution: 1920 x 1080p (30fps)
• Picture resolution: 3800 x 3188
• Video encoding: H264
• Photo format: RAW, DNG
• Internal memory: Flash 8Go
• Extensible memory: Micro USB
Scope of delivery
1 Bebop drone
1 Charger with European, US/JP, UK, ANZ plugs
1 Micro-USB cable
4 Spare propellers
1 Propeller mounting tool
1 Sunshade (with adaptator for iPad® mini)
1 Dock adaptator for 7 inches tablet
Quick starter guide
The Skycontroller operates with Android systems (tablet or smartphone) and the FreeFlight 3 application is preinstalled. Parrot software is "open source" in order to allow developpers to extend the Skycontroller functionnalities. Any smartphone or tablet operating the FreeFlight 3 application is compatible with the Skycontroller.
The tablet shown in the above images is not included in the kit and must be purchased separately.
The Bebop exists also without the Skycontroller, for people that already have one, or for those who want to pilot it with a tablet or a smartphone.